Welcome to the Cott Pirates - Cottesloe Junior Rugby Club.
We're all about encouraging kids to play rugby, having fun, learning great ball skills and making lifelong friends.
Why Rugby is a Great Game for Life.
Rugby Union is a game that develops leadership, team spirit, courage, sportsmanship and friendship. These values and traditions develop from the first time a young player shakes hand with their opposite team player at the end of the match.
The key values of the game of rugby consist of Australian pride, teamwork and camaraderie, love of the game, tradition and heritage.
The ethos of rugby has shaped a code of behaviour that has transcended generations since 1823. …the sport that engages the family and community and strengthens the ties that bind Australia together.
- Australian Rugby
Why Cottesloe Pirates?
For our young players
- We offer a supportive, safe and encouraging club culture
- We have experienced coaches training our juniors
- We offer home cooked, healthy meals available for players and families after training
- Every player receives a full kit included in the registration fee – Jersey, shorts and socks
A club for everyone
- Cottesloe Rugby Club is a welcoming, social club for the whole family
- We are the oldest rugby club in Western Australia founded in 1893. Our Juniors carry the tradition of the original Cottesloe Rugby Club team name of ‘The Pirates’.
- Located at beautiful Harvey Field, Broome Street Cottesloe – enjoy the view and sunset while your children enjoy friendship and skills development at training
Wallabies In Training
Did you know the latest addition to the Wallaby team was an old Cott boy? We're so proud to call Dane one of our own. Dane Haylett-Petty played in our junior teams before joining Western Force and now the Wallabies. What an absolute champion. You can read the full story in our news.